Sick/Fit Note

Isolation Notes are available online from NHS 111, if you are self-isolating and need a note for your employer.

For periods of seven days or less we do not provide certificates. Please self-certify using a SC2 form.
You can obtain this from your employer or by visiting the HMRC website.

Sickness for more than seven days: if you are not well enough to work your GP will provide you with a Statement of Fitness for Work (‘Fit Note’). Please complete an online consultation request.

Further information about Statutory Sick Pay is available at the Direct.Gov website.

Fit for Work offers free, expert and impartial advice to anyone looking for help with issues around health and work. You can browse our online resources, chat online to a specialist advisor, email a question or call the free advice line on 0800 032 6235. 

Private Certificates: If you or your employer require further information concerning your period(s) of illness, then your GP may need to issue you with a letter. Please note that a charge may apply for this service.

Provision of Sicknotes for School Children: GPs are not contractually required to undertake medical certification for children; there are clear guidelines on this, and schools are expressly told not to ask for a doctor’s note. When children are absent from school owing to illness, schools may request a letter from a parent or guardian.

Contact us online
Contact us online