Out of Hours Emergencies
When the practice is closed, there is an out of hours emergency medical service available at all times. This service is meant for urgent and emergency problems and should not be used to avoid the inconvenience of consulting during the day. If you need out of hours help, go to NHS 111 online, or phone 111 which is a free-phone number nationwide. Fully trained advisers supported by experienced nurses and paramedics will assess your condition and advise you.
If you have a minor ailment you could visit your local pharmacy who will be able to provide you with some help or signpost you onto the next available service.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Mental Health Crisis?
A mental health emergency should be taken as seriously as a medical emergency. If you have concerns about your mental health, please try to contact your Usual GP who can advise you. For concerns when Redlands Primary Care is closed you have several options:
- Devon Doctors out of hours service: 0845 6710 270
- NHS 111 online, or dial 111, free from any land line or mobile phone.
- The Mooring @St Leonards GP practice (Athelstan Rd, St Leonards, Exeter EX1 1SB) offer mental health support to anyone aged 16+ . Open 6PM – Midnight every night including weekends and bank holidays. No appointment needed. 07990 790920, 07484 0161675, [email protected]
- Early crisis intervention 0300 555 5000
- Samaritans 116 123
- Saneline 0300 304 7000
If you feel you are at risk of self harm or of harming others, please attend the Emergency Department at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital where this a 24 hour a day Psychiatric Liaison Service.
Tiverton Urgent Care Centre
Opening days and times:
- 08:00 – 20:00, including bank holidays.
- Specialist treatment with no appointment necessary
- Access to diagnostics including x-ray and blood tests seven days a week
- Ability to see a GP until 8pm
Our Urgent Care Centre will see anyone that does not require an ambulance or a visit to an Emergency Department but whose complaint is too urgent for a routine appointment with their GP. You do not need an appointment to attend the Urgent Care Centre and there is no need to ring us before coming.
For less urgent problems send us an online consultation form; and we will get back to you within 2 working days.