You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to:
- See Test Results
- Cancel an Appointment
- Request Repeat Prescription
- Amend Personal Details
- View your Medical Records
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
NHS England – easy read guides to GP online services
A set of guides that use easy words and pictures to enable users to understand GP online services.
NHS England: videos about using GP online services
Please have a look at the GP Online Services case studies below which gives the views of patients, practice managers and GPs about how easy and useful it is to book appointments, order repeat prescriptions and have access to medical records online.
The Patient’s Responsibility
You understand that it is your responsibility to keep your contact details updated and that you are responsible for the safety and security of your personal registration details for online services. You also understand that you can withdraw consent at any time by simply notifying the Practice in writing.
- Where access is granted to your registration details such as PIN, Practice ID, Access ID and CHI number will be sent via post or given in person.
- The Email address must be specific to the person making the request. It cannot be a shared account.
- Patient with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments without cancelling will not normally be granted access to online appointment booking.
- Online appointments booked are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined it is no longer required.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. When it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a detrimental way a warning letter will be issued. If the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice at the discretion of the Partners. This will not affect your registration with the Practice.
- On approval request for online access you will be given access and instructions.
- Requests for reissue of access log-in details will be sent via post to the patient’s registered address or in person.
- The status of repeat prescriptions requests should be checked online to confirm they have been prescribed before collecting any medications from the Pharmacy, especially if requesting a item not on your repeat prescription record.
Using SystmOnline – A Guide for Patients
How to use SystmOnline
If you are the parent of children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.